Everybody loves Hugo! Don’t believe me? Just check out the episode title for next week’s installment of Lost. And, really, what’s NOT to LOVE about Hugo “Hurley” Reyes? After all, he’s cuddly . . .
He’s good with kids . . .
. . . and dogs.
No matter where he is, Hurley can always be counted on to bring the party . . .
. . . and the good food.
And our main man Hugo is ALWAYS down for a good road trip (even if you forgot to take the Dead Guy out of your van).
Speaking of dead people, did I mention that Hurley sees (and talks) to them?
Or that he’s a lotto winner?
So, in honor of this week’s Hurley-centric episode, I propose, for all you Lost fans out there, a little Hurley-themed drinking game. The game should last throughout the duration of “Everybody Loves Hugo” (assuming you don’t pass out before then). All you need? An alcoholic beverage of your choice,
(Beer or wine will work best.)
a bottle of hard liquor,
and your favorite snack (or snacks).
Here’s how to play:
(1) Every time Hurley says the word “Dude,” you take a shot. To get an idea of just how many shots you will likely have to take, check out this lovely video.
(2) Every time Hurley says “The Numbers,” or utters any of those ever-important numbers, recite the numbers out loud, and take a sip of your alcoholic beverage.
If you forget to recite the numbers, or fail to recite them correctly, take a shot.
(3) Every time Hurley is shown eating, take a bite of your snack and two sips of your alcoholic beverage.
(4) If Hurley is shown running, run in place for ten seconds, and take a sip of your drink.
If you FAIL to run for ten seconds, take a shot.
(5) If Hurley sees or talks to a dead person, take a shot.
If the DEAD PERSON is JACOB, take two shots.
(6) If Hurley makes a meta-reference to science fiction or the mythology of Lost, cup your hand to your chin, and say “Hmmm, verrrry interesting,” with a European accent. If those comments are made to MILES, take a bite of food, and a shot.
(7) If a reference is made to Mr. Cluck’s Chicken, stand up, do the funky chicken for ten seconds, and stuff your mouth with a wad of food. (Oh, and take a shot, of course.) For those of you who don’t think this will come up, check out the faux-commercial that debuted at this past year’s Comic Con.
And for those of you out there who DON’T watch Lost, but suffered through this post anyway (There may be one or two of you out there.), here’s a little treat for YOU! It’s those old school Muppet Babies, with a Hurley-inspired twist . . .
Happy Drinking! See ya Tuesday, DUDES!
[Note: My pal, Amazon Annie, says, "Play 'Dude! It's Me, Hurley' at your own risk . . ."]